Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blog, revived

It's time for a revamp and a restart! And what better time, because I just got back from Malaysia--well, last week, but my brain is still in the tropics--and have lots of fun to share.

Let me start out by saying, if there is one thing this trip taught me it's this: pack your underwear first. Otherwise, you'll end up with just two pairs for two weeks, and then find yourself having to shop for new ones on your first day in a crazy new land, in a twenty minute time span between buffet breakfast time, oh-my-god-I-see-the-sun-and-need-to-jump-in-the-pool-now time, and the time when your friends are supposed to pick you up to drive to a wee village that likely will not have a shopping mall with suitable underoos. And furthermore, if you actually remember to pack your undies, unlike me, you won't have to face the humiliation of being told by a miniature Asian salesgirl that, well, your butt is probably an L and not an M here, because sizes run a lot smaller in Malaysia...Let me just say, that was not the confidence booster I needed on my first day in a land where I already felt like an Amazon woman. A jetlagged, sweaty, pale Amazon woman.

The first details about the trip will come shortly (unfortunately my office job is beckoning my brain back at the moment...). With pictures. Ohhhh yes with pictures, I have over a thousand to sort through so don't be worried about a shortage in that department!

1 comment:

  1. i laughed about that underwear comment, ahh, i remember feeling like a GIANT person in China. And when we invited our group out to dinner and offered everyone Rice Wine, they said "oh, women don't drink alcohol" oops. So. Giant AND unladylike. hmph.

    ReplyDelete